9 June 2010

'Always been so bad at this'

I'm not an advertiser, I'm an illustrator...which is why my advertising poster sucked. We had to pick a product that had a bad advert, then improve it. I chose perfume as perfume adverts are crap. My original idea was to draw a shelf full of piles of shit (literally) with the perfume in the centre gleaming, with the tagline 'because you don't want to smell like sh...'

Needless to say, I never did get that idea approved by my tutor (yes, I actually tried) so I had to come up with something a bit more boring...I mean a bit less controversial.

Anyways, I came up with loads of ideas. This is the one I went for, 'Dare to be different'. I hand drew the optician's board, wallpaper and floorboards, added some layers of collage, composed it all digitally...voila...perfume advert minus the hot models and pretentious arty bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment