21 July 2010

Face Off

I was commissioned to design a poster for the Indie Room of Face Off an alternative night held every Friday in Sin City, Swansea. The guys wanted a new 'look' that people would begin to associate with the night. They wanted a style that would fit with the alternative music that they played but gave me complete freedom with the design.
The idea I came up with involved using footwear commonly associated with alternative music in the design. I began by sketching out some legs/feet...

Then I edited the scan to get a sketchy but bold outline...
Then I coloured the original drawing with markers and scanned it again...
Here's the other feet I repeated the process above with...

I arranged the illustration digitally so that the bold outline line framed the colour version. Then I made up the rest of the flyer as I went along. I drew out a header...
Here's the final design...

No comments:

Post a Comment