7 March 2011

Acoustic Associations

We are currently doing our best in my illustration class to raise money for an end of year exhibition in Brick Lane, London. I organised and promoted my own acoustic gig in the hope of contributing to the fund. All three acts kindly agreed to play for free if I covered travel costs, Warren Mallia (of Attika State) from Bristol, Livi and Ped & Joe from Cardiff all played amazingly, you should check them out! At the gig we also sold illustration prints, auctioned off original artwork (with a painting and necklace kindly donated by Leanne Ellis) aaaand we held a charity cupcake sale.

In total we raised around £300 on the door, £100 for posters and £200 in the silent auction with a further £120 for charity from the cake stall alone!!!

Thanks to everyone who helped out especially Leanne, Warren, Livi, Laura, Ped, Joe, Adam, Steve and Anna. Oh, and everyone who baked scrummy cakes!

Here's the poster I did for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment